This week I wanted to share a prompt from our Shedding Skin course – creating a treasure box. This is an activity you can take several different approaches to and revisit a number of times.
A treasure box lets us find form for all our parts to be expressed and held. It sounds is a self-portrait, representing all sides of you and, depending on where your focus is, you can assign different meanings to both the inside and outside of your container.
To get started, find an old shoebox (or something similar).
• Decorate the outside as a reflection of how you want to feel in the world.
• Place inside it anything that feels like treasure to you.
• Decorate the top of the box as a doorway to your treasure.
This is a gift to yourself, a container to give voice to the expression of your true nature, inside and out.
• Decorate the outside as a reflection of the way you present yourself to the world.
• Decorate the inside as a representation of all the things you’ve had to hide, or that have felt unseen in the world.
• Reflect on the gap between them and why this might be, and how this might shift even a little if that feels appropriate.
This is also a gift to yourself, a container to give voice to the parts that have gone unexpressed and are waiting in the wings for their turn in the light.