Grounding

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Leanne Matton
    Keymaster

Ok I’m going to post a video about this but I want to do it from the garden since it’s about grounding and it is soooo hot today that I’m going to wait till later this afternoon when it’s cooled a little to venture out there – stay tuned!

Leanne Matton
    Keymaster

Ok here it is – apologies for Charlie’s tail getting in the way! Click here.

seadreamer60
    Participant

Hello Charlie & Leanne & Everyone,
    Grounding: I love to STOP, to pause. Feel the wind on my face. Rest my back and hands against a tree trunk. Feel grass on my barefeet. xx

Judy
    Participant

Hi everybody,

Love the video – Charlie, keeping it very real 🙂

These days, I do a body check-in every morning. I set the alarm on my phone for ten minutes, close my eyes and start at the top of head and then tune in to all areas of my body. Then ask my body how it feels today and then listen. I imagine a pillar of white light reaching down from the sky, through me then branching out to connect me to the earth. Some days that connection is a pillar down to the inside of the planet, sometimes it does branch out like tree roots – some days more robust, some days lighter or more winding.

I also this last week started a chant when I do my body-check in – making the sound ‘Voo’ while I breathe out, then gentle breath in. (From a Peter Levine CD) It is really something to tune into the vibration of my own voice, internally – especially when it reaches my belly.

Since starting this course and reading the e-book, I’ve started picking up this cool glass paperweight I got as it’s always cool to the touch – and then keeping it in my hand while I’m sitting at my desk. This one really brings me to the present.

This one is a little out there – when I was 9 months old, the cot in which I slept got lost by the airline when my parents were moving countries. Apparently, I had used to settle and sleep well but after the cot was lost, I couldn’t settle anymore. The lady I go to for Reiki, early on got an image of me being swaddled quite snugly in blankets/similar and suggested I do this. I only noticed recently that I do this eg when meditating and I realise that it does increase my sense of safety and security.

Leanne Matton
    Keymaster

Seadreamer, bare feet yes, such a big connection to the earth and also of course trees, and the wind, love it ?

Leanne Matton
    Keymaster

Judy, a body check is a brilliant way to start the day, what a great idea ? There’s so much self-care in that before you even get out of bed. And of course it depends how present we can be with our body as to how deep we can each go with that each day.
    The vu sound is very powerful, my therapist suggested not to do it more than twice at a time. I guess we can trust our intuition on that one.
    I also have a paperweight, a clear glass one, it’s very grounding. And how interesting about the image of being swaddled. You might like the feel of a weighted blanked or cushion also.
    It looks like you uploaded an image Judy but it was too big – they need to be under 1mg I believe. You can always shrink them down using free apps on the net if needed.
    Thanks for sharing all your practises, it’s great to read what everyone finds helpful ?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Safety and Security Strategies’ is closed to new topics and replies.