Introduction

Home Forums Writing Down The Dark Introduction

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Rosie
    Participant

Hi All

Can I just share the details of a song a friend sent to me a few years back when I was looking some childhood trauma square in the eye. It is by Vanessa Forbes if I am remembering correctly and it is called ‘You Are Safe’. I found it very reassuring and soothing to listen to.

Blessings.

Rosie.

seadreamer60
    Participant

I just found you all! I was wondering who might be reading our words but not writing & so hoping they were gentle souls (I do like my privacy. Obsessively.) I’m so happy to find you here. Grief, inner whisperings, stress, lockdown, disassociating, how to be a human, parental death and siblings- you’ve all done my intro for me!

I am so, so tired of my life. I’m sick to death of everything. Lockdown stops me from accessing the things which soothe me, my mother thinks I will be looking after her now my step dad has died (I love her in 5 minute doses. She’s a narcissist & her values are so, so different to mine), my 22 year old is becoming more and more difficult to be with and needs watching carefully, my brothers are SO insensitive and I can’t actually stand to be within 10 feet of one of them but death in the family brings you all together. Right? I’m in carer burnout. I’m struggling to live in the suburbs. I’m REALLY isolated. My functioning levels are low – celebrate with me for days as I manage to fill the car with petrol.

I love my bed, our dog and 2 cats. My daughter. The nature strips have large deciduous trees to lean on. I love the sea with all my heart and need to return to living with her. Flowers. Blues and greens, especially blues. Music. The inner north of Melbourne. The horizon. Huge spaces.

Leanne Matton
    Keymaster

Rosie, yes please do ๐Ÿ˜Š

Leanne Matton
    Keymaster

Seadreamer, glad youโ€™re found this thread – I just realised there was a second page to it! I deeply hear your weariness and exhaustion and the too-muchness of things not meant for you and the not-enoughness of things you need to feel alive. And lockdown on top it all ๐Ÿ˜ณ I truly hope you can live by the sea again soon ๐Ÿ–

Maria Delaney
    Participant

Hi everyone, my name is Maria and I’ve worked through this course before, but a few years ago now. Since then I’ve been lucky to work with an excellent trauma therapist who has been doing EMDR with me and I feel that a lot has shifted, so I’m very curious about how the courses will feel for me now. Having a sanctuary where we can share our stories and reflections is such an important part of healing – it really helps me to regulate and heal the shame that keeps coming up in my life and blocking my progress. In my professional life I help changemakers become trauma informed in their own roles so that they work with compassion. Looking forward to the journey with you all.

Leanne Matton
    Keymaster

Welcome back Maria – glad youโ€™re part of our sanctuary here ๐Ÿ’˜

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The forum ‘Writing Down The Dark’ is closed to new topics and replies.